I can’t believe it’s already August and school is right around the corner. I had a school program in about mid-July and feel like I didn’t really get to enjoy a full summer. However, I love going back to school shopping and I’m excited about the things that I got for school/my dorm. Here is a list!
- Agenda: I got this cute Create 365 Planner at Michaels for 50% off (with my Michaels membership). I love this planner because of the cute designs both outside and the inside pages. I got a bigger one because I use it for both school and social and want to be able to put a lot of info in.
2. Notebooks: I bought this Five Star notebook at Walmart on sale for like $5. I like the multiple subject notebooks because I like being able to put all my notes in one place, and this notebook works perfectly for that. I am taking 6 classes, but have one class where I do not need to take notes, so this notebook is perfect! Also, these notes are college ruled (for anyone who doesn’t know the difference, college ruled notebooks have smaller lines than wide ruled and leave more room for notes)!
3. Pens: I LOVE PENS!! Like really, anyone who knows me knows I am obsessed with pens (my sister knows this all to well). So pen shopping is my favorite activity. You can get pens literally anywhere, so I’m not going to list some places. I prefer .35-8 point pens, so I usually buy those ones!
4. Calculator: Unless you are a math major or planning on taking upper level math classes, you do not really need a hi-tech calculator. I’ve had this graphing one since high school, so I didn’t feel the need to go out and buy a new one. You can find one at Walmart or Amazon. Don’t forget to buy extra batteries just in case!
5. Stapler: Most people think that they need one, but honestly this came in handy many times. While most of your paperwork is done and turned in online, there are times when you need to staple papers together or need to keep stuff together. Some teachers did not have some in the classroom and I had many people ask to use mine (and my 3-hole puncher).
6. A Binder: I am using one of the same binder I used last year. It doesn’t have to be anything special or expensive. Because I am using a 5-subject binder, I am just using one binder to keep my papers together for all of my subjects.
7. Scissors: I forgot to bring scissors to school with me last semester, and I ended up regretting it literally the day after I moved onto campus. You might need them for things not school related and don’t want to go around asking people for scissors.
8. Portable Charger: For someone who forgets things VERY easily, I am glad I bought this. I sometimes forgot to bring my charger with me, so it was nice to gave an extra chargeable device I could bring with me anywhere.
9. FlashDrive: A flashdrive is always a good thing to have with you wherever you go. It comes in handy when you save something on your computer and need to print it out later.
10. Sticky Notes: Sticky noes also come in handy when you have to quickly jot something down.
11. Desk Lamp: I forgot to bring a desk lamp last semester and had a moment when I needed to finish an assignment and my roommate wanted to go to sleep. I ended up using the Christmas lights I had set up. So I made sure to buy one this time around. I bought this one at Walmart for $5 and it apparently doesn’t need a lightbulb (hmm…).
Let me know in the comments what supplies you are excited to buy for school!